Thursday, July 8, 2010

SFR Challenge books I've read

Hi!

The SFR Challenge is to read a certin number of Science Fiction with Romance books from Jan 2010 to Dec 31 2010. Since I'd been on an SFR reading spree already I'm way ahead. I signed up for the Venus Challenge (25 SFR books).

What is SFR? Any SF book with a romantic subplot and a Happy Ending for the Romance plot--a Happy For Now counts too. It's also any Futuristic Romance book that has SF elements in it. I've read tons of these in the past--the Skolian Empire series by Catherine Asaro and the Vorkogsigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold are two of my favorites.

Here are the books I've read so far in 2010:

By Linnea Sinclair:

1. Games of Command
2. An Accidental Goddess
3. Downhome Zombie Blues

4. Star Crash by Elysa Hendricks
5. The Outback Stars by Sandra MacDonald
The entire six book series The Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell.
6. Dauntless
7. Fearless
8. Courageous
9. Valiant
10. Relentless
11. Victorious.


Currently reading: The Legend of Banzai Maguire by Susan Grant.

(From now on I'll start writing a short review as I finish these.)


Non-SFR books I've read this year are:

Stargate Atlantis The Chosen
A Wasteland of Flint
The first Firefly comic
and one of the Torchwood comics whose name escapes me.

I've also started and quit three books and started and misplaced four or so more. Yeah, my personal ghost thinks it's funny to steal my books and hide them.

Could also be my weiner dog.

Or my toddler. LOL.

Looking forward to this challenge! I have boxes of books that must read and passed along in the name of clutter wrangling. And my ereader is quickly filling up with new SFR releases that, alas, will have to wait until I read enough books to fit the car in the garage again. LOL.

Have a great summer!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment