Tuesday, July 20, 2010

SFR Challenge book #15 Unraveled by CJ Barry

Unraveled by CJ Barry is 343 pages of fun.

Genius, Tru Van Dye, grew up cloistered in a scientific research Institute, all of her work and research going to her father's Majj reputation. Now that he is dead she faces explusion from the sterile life of forced perfection unless she can make a brilliant discovery of her own by her rapidly nearing thirtieth birthday. She's certain that discovery can only be made off-planet.

But no Majj is allowed to leave the Institute.

So she does what she must and sneaks out.

Rayce Couburn lives in hatred of the Majj and struggles to create a bright future for himself. But he needs funds. Fast. He's even willing to team up with a beautiful Majj to realize his dream.

Together they race through the galaxy on a quest that forces them to face their worst fears, and leaves both changed and with much more than they bargined for.


I really enjoyed this book. It had an Indiana Jones feel. The sex was good and not overwhelming. The characters were interesting with good motivations. The hero reminded me of Han Solo. And there was even a black Lab named Elvis.

I found this book easy to read. It kept me up wanting to read just a little more. This definitely made me want to keep reading the series.

On the SFR Rainbow it was on the Romance side but very close to the middle. Very close. It had spaceships and aliens, surprises and tech, but nothing complex enough to scare off any readers.

And did I mention the dog? :-) I love it when there's a dog.

I recommend this book.

1 comment:

  1. i went to check this out and THERE IS NO KINDLE EDITION!!!!! Aaugh! I hate that. Will keep it in mind for later, though. it sounds que fun!

    ReplyDelete