Saturday, August 28, 2010

#19 Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair

I really, really enjoyed this book.

Blurb: Starship Captain Chaz Bergren thought her life was over when she was unjustly courtmartialed and sent to a prison planet with a life-expectancy of less than a year. Her powerful family and connections couldn't save her.

Who knew she'd run into a ghost?

Gabriel Ross Sullivan was supposed to be dead. Outlaw, handsome rogue, and a man with so many secrets it could make a woman's head spin, Sully has his own reasons for finding his beautiful former rival. Some of those reasons have implications that effect the fate of the entire Empire.


Review:

This book surprised me and kept surprising me. Just when I'd think things were about to be resolved and how could there be so many more pages...Wham! giant complication that added another layer to the Big and Little pictures.

The romance is spicy and great. The plot and SF are interesting and well-done (but technophobes, don't run!). The ending is a terrific HEA with enough plot questions and character development left for the sequel.

So far, this is my favorite Linnea Sinclair book. It rocks! It's also a keeper and I don't keep many books since I don't have a lot of space.

On the SFR Rainbow this is smack dab in the middle. Linnea handled the Romance well enough to keep me on the edge of my seat but still get warm fuzzies at the end, and she handled the SF well enough to please this old hard SF fan.

I'm now reading Shades of Dark, the sequel to Gabriel's Ghost. (And even though she never called him Gabriel out loud, she did think it all the time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment